Welcome to the blog of All About Home Care. We are a home health company that provides skilled nursing, in home physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. In our regular blogs, we’ll cover topics of interest to people receiving skilled home health care services, their loved ones and providers. We’ll cover hurdles and coping skills that everyone can utilize in their daily lives and interactions with patients, nurses, and caregivers.
- According to 2010 report from the National Association for Homecare and Hospice, over 12 million people received some level of home health care, and surely this number is rising steadily as baby boomers continue to age.
- Receiving skilled health care at home can help avoid a future hospitalization while keeping the patient at home.
- Avoiding readmission to the hospital saves money, stress, and, of course, quality of life for the patient.
Levels of Care
- As people, both young and old, recover from a hospitalization, they often need to receive follow up care in order for them to make the fullest recovery possible.
- Some people will need to be placed in a rehabilitation facility for 24 /7 care.
- Others will need skilled nursing services periodically through the day or week.
- Others will need to receive rehabilitation therapies such as physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
- Others will need minimal, but important personal care, such as help with personal hygiene and companion care.
- All About Home Care provides this middle tier of care.
- We offer skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
Call today if you are in need of skilled home health care.