All About Home Care provides services intended to help a patient recover from an injury or hospitalization at home. Receiving care at home can also avoid placement in a rehab unit or a nursing home which can save money and keep the patient at home, where they are happy and secure. Besides skilled nursing services that provide direct medical care such as wound care, catheter care and medication administration, All About Home Care provides physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. We’ll briefly touch on these therapies in a blog series.
- Physical Therapy treats a patient after an injury or hospitalization.
- According to the American Physical Therapy Association, They “help patients reduce pain and improve or restore mobility.
- Physical therapy can rebuild strength after surgery and hospitalization, stroke, mastectomy, neurological disorders, neuropathy scoliosis, among other conditions.
- Physical therapy sessions can include physical exercise, massage, dietary advice, increase wellness, ultrasound, Anodyne® Therapy of infrared light, and electrical therapy.
- Other elements of physical therapy will address home safety, gait training exercises, body mechanics and positioning.
- They are highly educated and trained medical practitioners. They are licensed medical professionals.
- The goal is reduction in pain and increase in strength, and restoration of movement.
- Following a hospitalization, it is common for elderly people to be weaker than they have ever been and to need help doing basic activities such as getting out of bed and into a wheelchair or to use a walker.
If you’d like to find out more about the in home skilled home care services offered by All About Home Care, call us today.