When you are looking for home therapies for yourself or your loved one, you’ll want to know what level of care they need. This will be prescribed by the doctor and you should receive some recommendations. If you are in the Houston area, you will probably come across the name of All About Home Care. We provide in-home skilled nursing services and therapies. We have physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists. In our last blog, we looked at physical therapy and this week we’ll continue by looking at Occupational Therapy. Occupational Therapy is a bit of a mystery to many but it is really simple and can make a big difference in the quality of life of its patients.
- Occupational therapy works to make the daily life of patients easier.
- Instead of working on the body directly, as in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy helps introduce changes to the way the patient does daily activities.
- An example of an Occupational Therapist’s work would be spotting difficulties in a person bathing themselves, being solved by a walk-in tub, better handrails, or with an in-shower seat to help the person bathe themselves. This solution can also help prevent falls in the tub and keeps the person free from future injury and readmission to the hospital.
- By teaching the patient new ways to do daily activities, physical strain, and emotional stress can be lessened.
- By teaching people to do daily activities in a new way, Occupational Therapy can help patients maintain independence and avoid future injury.
For more information on All About Home care’s Occupational Therapy’s services, call us today.