All About Home Care offers skilled nursing services to meet the needs of homebound patients who are recovering from surgery, a hospitalization or other health issue that causes them to need medical care and rehabilitative therapies at home. Our therapy services include physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. In this blog series, we’ve covered physical therapy and occupational therapy and will cover speech therapy in this week’s blog.
- In elderly patients facing dementia or recovery from a stroke, in home speech therapy can play an important role in their recovery or continued health.
- Speech therapy can involve learning, or relearning annunciation of words, reinforcing waning reading skills, and swallowing.
- In dementia patients, speech therapy can help retain the brain function associated with speech.
- Speech therapy can also treat difficulties the patient is having with swallowing as
- Therapies can bring out strengths in a dementia patient and can help preserve abilities as well as improve activities of daily living.
- A stroke occurs when part of the brain is deprived of blood. Depending on the location and the severity of the stroke, the ability to speak can be effected.
- Speech therapy is highly effective for stroke patients in many patients.
- During the recovery process, other means of communication, such as pictures and typing can also be learned or utilized.
Besides the skilled nursing and therapy services, we also can arrange Medical Social Service, and Home Health Aides. To find out how we can meet your in-home health care needs, call All About Home Care.
Comments are closed.