Patients recovering from exacerbation or the onset of a heart condition may benefit from home skilled nursing in order to get back to doing the things they love. Our skilled nurses are specially trained in cardiac care that a patient will need to regain his/her independence!
How Skilled Home Health can help a patient with
Conditions treated and benefits of our Home Heart Care Program:
- CHF (congestive heart failure).
- Hypertension management.
- Atrial Fibrillation.
- Venous Stasis Ulcer.
- Home PT to assist with general deconditioning and strengthening.
- Reduces shortness of breath.
- Improves the quality of life.
- Offers self-management techniques for patient condition.
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) – A personalized COPD plan of care can prevent flare-ups, emergency room visits, and hospitalization.
We provide care centered on patient needs and abilities. We are here to help your patient recover to the fullest extent possible as quickly as your treatment allows.
Home Care Interventions:
- Provide skilled nursing services, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and social work (as needed per doctor’s orders).
- Perform PT/INR testing for Coumadin dosage monitoring and coordinating with MD.
- Provides education on patient condition and medications so he/she and their families can be active participants in the care.
- Provide coordination between healthcare providers regarding patient condition and progress.
- Education about breathing exercises for COPD, such as pursed-lip and diaphragmatic breathing and tools to help patients with COPD management (as needed per doctor’s orders).
Case managers or physicians offices can click here to make a referral!
Please call us today or fill out the form below for a free consultation. We have been proudly serving the Houston, Texas area since 2004.
We are one phone call or email way. If you have any questions or if you want to get in touch with one of our staff members, please feel free to call us or fill the form below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you are in need of immediate help, please call 911. If you are looking for information from one of our case managers, nurses or professionals, here is our contact information:
427 West 20th St., Ste. 601
Houston, TX 77008
On Call: 713-298-9115
Open Mondays to Fridays
from 9:00am to 5:00pm CST.