We are one phone call or email way. If you have any questions or if you want to get in touch with one of our staff members, please feel free to call us or fill the form below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
How Skilled Home Health can help a patient with Lymphedema Management.
Lymphedema is an accumulation of Lymphatic fluid in the interstitial tissue that causes swelling, most often in the arms and/or legs, and occasionally in other parts of the body. Lymphedema can develop when lymphatic vessels are missing or impaired (primary), when lymph vessels are damaged, or if the lymph nodes are removed (secondary).
Benefits of utilizing our Lymphedema Management program:
- Promote wound healing.
- Reduced swelling and discomfort.
- Decrease lymphedema (fluid build-up) and infection.
- Increase functional mobility and quality of life.
- Improvements in balance.
Home Care Interventions:
- Assessment of skin integrity, functional mobility, impaired daily activities, and pain level.
- Assessment of affected areas and levels of sensations.
- Coordinate with lymphedema clinics for plan of care
- Medical Compression Bandaging – facilitates Lymph flow and assists in maintaining positive effects of the manual Lymph drainage between treatments.
- Sequential Pumping used as needed to assist in Lymph drainage.
- Personalized exercise program to assist in improving range of motion, strength and ability to perform everyday activities.
- Patient education about skin care, self-massage, exercise, and precautions to assist in making positive life-style.
- Manual Lymph Drainage via a gentle massage that stimulates the lymphatic system to decrease the swelling, and preforming wraps.
If you are in need of immediate help, please call 911. If you are looking for information from one of our case managers, nurses or professionals, here is our contact information: