Benefits of utilizing our Medication Management program:
- Reduce medication-related morbidity and mortality.
- Reduce chances of an exacerbation in disease and hospitalizations.
- Teach patients to take an active role in medication use and self-management.
- Enhance patient understanding of appropriate drug use.
- Increase medication adherence.
- Improve adverse drug detection.
Home Care Interventions:
• Medication Reconciliation including all prescribed and OTC medications to ensure there are no discrepancies, expired drugs or potential adverse interactions.
• Instruct on actions, dosages, schedules, and potential side effects.
• Instruction on “What to do if you miss a dose?”.
• Count pills to ensure that dosages aren’t being missed.
• Encourage patient follow-up with physician to help ensure prescription refill timeliness.
• Fill medication boxes and make a medication board when necessary.
• Help coordinate medication home delivery where available.
• Physical therapy to ensure safe access to medication.
• Improve strength and dexterity to open pill bottles and handle medications.
• Using adaptive equipment such as large-grip pill bottle tops or medication dispensing machines.
Please call us today or fill out the form below for a free consultation. We have been proudly serving the Houston, Texas area since 2004.
*All About Home Care is a home health company, providing skilled care such as physical therapy, nursing, and occupational and speech therapy. At this time, we are unable to offer unskilled health services, such as personal attendant services.